Skillet Corn and Rice

***Say what you will about corn... I have read that it is Gluten Free and I have also been told that it is not Gluten Free. While corn does indeed have a type of gluten in it, it has not been found to hurt those with gluten intolerances (That's something else I've read and believe). Also, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I have not found corn to irritate my stomach much at all.*** 

       Last night I decided to cook at home since my boyfriend (The Butcher) wanted to eat Burger King. Don't get me wrong, I love a delicious sloppy Whopper (yeah, I said sloppy), but there's no way I was about to buy a Whopper without a bun - it would just be plain sad! So when I got home I searched my entire kitchen for ingredients. 
What I found:

Tuscan Black Pepper Cheese

Pink Himalayan Salt and Black Pepper

Butter

Kroger Tex Mex Dip

Vine Ripe Tomato

Garden Fresh Jalapeno

Garden Fresh Bell Pepper

Leftover Rice
2 Ears of Corn








The Steps:
     
      I began by melting the butter and then sautéing my bell pepper and jalapeno. Seasoning as I went. When the peppers had softened, I added the corn that I cut off the cob. I cooked the corn and peppers for a good 5 minutes to slightly brown the corn. Once this step was complete, I added my leftover cold rice to the pan and cooked the mixture for another 3-5 minutes. After doing so, I added about a tablespoon or two of the tex mex dip to the rice mixture, followed by my cheese, which I had diced finely. I seasoned the ingredients with S & P one last time and spooned them onto a plate. Finally, I added my diced tomato right on top. (I prefer my tomatoes uncooked when possible). 
      The results were simply delicious. I really wish I had a picture of the final product for you. Needless to say, this was a super tasty, very easy Gluten Free Dinner! Please try putting random ingredients together- you never know when you'll find a winner!

Comments

Popular Posts