Shrimp Fra Diavolo and Hello!

It has been well over a year since I last posted in my food blog. Pretty sad for someone who: A) was an english major and loves food writing, B) is obsessed with food and the culinary arts, and C) wants to run a successful food blog. But, I guess everyone has to start somewhere, or in my case- restart somewhere, and then restart again! Anywho, I'd like to try to update my blog with a bright new look. But, I am busy with finals and tons of projects, so I may not get to revamp things for a little while. However, I wanted to post a short blog about a recipe that I plan on testing tonight with my friend Michaela: Shrimp Fra Diavolo Pasta. Our boyfriends Ross and Anthony will be the taste testers! I think Mich is pretty much giving me free rein/ reign (which ones right? you tell me! rein as in loosening the reins of a horse, or reign as in I'm ruling the kingdom- which is my kitchen). She told me to go ahead and come up with an entree dish for our couples' dinner that we're having tonight, and I went back and forth with ideas. At first I thought we should do a fancy dinner with a cheese plate and a specialty dessert. Then I thought, let's appeal to the men in our lives and do a manly dinner with chicken wings and atomic buffalo turds ( basically jalapeno poppers with a kick). But today, as I've been procrastinating on lesson plans I decided that I was really craving shrimp pasta. And you know I like things spicy, so I'm going to come up with a recipe for Shrimp Fra Diavolo! Fra Diavolo meaning "Brother Devil," most because the dish is so spicy from the garlic and red pepper flakes. I don't think I can go wrong with this. Shrimp is pleasing to everyone, and I know men usually like spicy food! Anyways, I will test my recipe tonight and post pictures and results later! I hope all is well with everyone! And again, I'm sorry for not having posted in ages (some blogger I am!).

Comments

Popular Posts