The Wine Guy Gahanna

Located at Creekside Gahanna, The Wine Guy Wine Shop & Bistro is a chic, sexy restaurant worth blogging about. Not only does it feature a bistro and bar, but it also offers a 2,000 count selection of wine. Craig Decker's small shop in Gahanna (1 of 4 with 3 more opening soon) features a menu comprised of fresh, simple dishes. The last time I visited the Gahanna shop, I decided to try some of the starters, instead of an entrée. Although there were many appetizing options, I picked the first item listed along with one of the most simple items listed. They certainly didn't disappoint. The Beer Cheese Soup (a classic in my opinion) incorporated 3 types of cheese: provolone, mozzarella and colby, along with a carmel-y malty lager. It was simply paired with a toasty pretzel bread. Although I typically consider this type of soup a classic, this particular bowl was rave- worthy. This Beer Cheese Soup was buttery and lively with smokey hints. The pretzel bread was perfectly toasty on the outside and soft and warm on the inside; a perfect compliment to the piquant soup. After finishing my soup, I moved on to a Panzanella Salad. This salad was simple, tasty and just very enjoyable. This salad consisted of a grilled ciabatta crostini topped with melted mozzarella, and again topped with a mix of tomatoes, red onions and cucumbers. The salad was simply dressed with a red wine vinaigrette. The flavors were clean, unpretentious and overall lovely. I did have to add salt.... however, you will come to find that I'm a salt whore. To wash my starters down, I chose a glass of Uvaggio Moscato. A sweet yet not overpowering wine. It seemed to complement the food well, especially the panzanella salad. I would certainly recommend this bistro and wine shop to anyone. And I will absolutely be going back again.

Comments

Popular Posts