Northstar Cafe



I went to the Northstar Cafe at Easton Town Center last night with my girlfriends Cathleen, Alyssa, and Annie. It was the second time that I had visited Northstar, but it was the first time visiting this particular location. I have been to the Northstar Cafe in Clintonville before. It was awesome, so I expected no less from the Easton location.
The first time I visited Northstar, I got the Chicken and Avocado sandwich. I can never pass up anything with Avocados- they're like my kryptonite!!! :) Not only did the sandwich feature fresh, ripe avocados and pulled rotisserie chicken, but it also had roasted red peppers, a chipotle aioli, provolone cheese, and arugula. The sandwich was super tasty, but the roasted reds were almost toooo much. And, accompanying the sandwich were shoestring sweet potato fries. I've always heard sweet potato fries are good, but I had never tried them, until I visited the Clintonville location. Let me tell you- Amazing!!! If you've never had sweet potato fries before, shame on you!!! Go try them! Northstar's fries are crisp, salty, and sweet, altogether! They are also mixed with roasted garlic and rosemary after they are cooked.
Anyways, when I went to the Easton location, I expected nothing less than what I experienced at the Clintonville location. I ordered the Chicken and Avocado sandwich, minus the roasted reds- add red onions. This made the sandwich 10x better in my opinion. And, just to be clear, I love roasted reds, but they are toooo much with this sandwich. The aioli was super creamy and nice and spicy (just as I like it). The arugula was crunchy and had a nice peppery bite, and sat upon a slightly melted provolone slice.
Now....for the disappointing part... I asked if they served their sandwiches with the sweet potato fries, like the Clintonville location does. The answer??? "No!" :( Ohhh I was sooo disappointed! But, even though they didn't have the fries I prefer, their regular idaho potato fries were still pretty delicious.
Overall, a tasty meal with good friends. Good Job Northstar Cafe of Easton!

Comments

Popular Posts