Which Do You Prefer?

I had to write a micro-essay for my non-fiction creative writing workshop. I have a few different versions of mine and I'm trying to decide which sounds best!



1. "One porter house, two dinner specials, and a chicken caesar," I heard someone shout. I burnt myself carelessly throwing the steak on our flattop grill, but it just reminded me how much I love being a chef.

2. "One porter house, two dinner specials, and a chicken caesar," I heard someone shout. I burn myself lovingly chucking the steak on our flattop grill. My burn is just another badge of honor.

3."One porter house, two dinner specials, and a chicken caesar," I heard someone shout. I burn myself chucking the steak on our flattop grill. But, my burn is just another badge of honor.


Okay, which do you prefer?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts